Barton le Willows, North Riding of Yorkshire
Barton-le-Willows, a township in Crambe parish, in the N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent and on the York and Scarborough branch of the N.E.R., 2 miles from Barton-Hill station, and 10 SW of Malton. It has a post office under York. Acreage, 1047; population, 207. There is a Wesleyan chapel here.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Malton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barton le Willows from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Barton-Le-Willows)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: