Bagby with Islebeck, North Riding of Yorkshire
Bagby-with-Islebeck, a township in Kirby-Knowle parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on an affluent of the river Codbeck, 3 miles SE of Thirsk railway station. It has a post office under Thirsk, which is the nearest money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1587; population, 229. There are a chapel of ease, rebuilt in 1862 by the late Lady Frankland-Russell, and a Wesleyan chapel. Lady Payne-Frankland is lady of the manor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirby Knowle|
|Poor Law union||Thirsk|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Bagby:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bagby with Islebeck from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bagby)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: