Burton Fleming or North Burton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Burton-Fleming or North Burton, a village, a township, and a parish in E.R. Yorkshire, on the Gipsy-Race river, 3½ miles W by S of Hunmanby railway station, and 7 NW of Bridlington. There is a post office under Hunmanby (R.S.O.), which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage of township, 3910; population, 425; of the ecclesiastical parish, with Fordon, 463. The living is a vicarage, to which Fordon is annexed, in the diocese of York; gross value, £253 with residence. There are two Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Burton-Fleming St. Cuthbert|
|Poor Law union||Bridlington|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Burton Fleming:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Burton Fleming or North Burton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Burton-Fleming, or North Burton (St. Cuthbert))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: