Breighton cum Gunby, East Riding of Yorkshire
Breighton-cum-Gunby, a village and a township in Bubwith parish, E.R. Yorkshire, on the river Derwent, near the Selby and Hull railway, 4½ miles NW of Howden, anil 1 mile from Bubwith station on the N.E.R. Post town, Howden. Acreage of township, 1746; population, 131. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Howden|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Breighton cum Gunby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Breighton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: