Lea (Backford), Cheshire
Lea, a township in Backford parish, Cheshire, on the-Ellesmere Canal, near Mollington station on the Birkenhead railway, 3¼ miles NNW of Chester. Acreage, 697; population, 72.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Great Boughton|
|Registration district||Great Boughton||1837 - 1869|
|Registration district||Chester||1870 - 1937|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lea (Backford) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.