Kinderton with Hulme, Cheshire
Kinderton-with-HuIme, a township in Middlewich parish, Cheshire, immediately E of the town of Middlewich. Post town, Middlewieh. Acreage, 1689; population, 589. The manor belonged anciently to the Venables, and passed to the Vemons. A house erected by the Minshalls is here, and bears date 1616. Kinderton is supposed to be the Con-date of the Romans, a Roman road called Kind Street or King Street went from it to Manchester, and other roads went hence to Chesterton, Wroxeter, Chester, and Warrington. A Danish camp of 10 acres is at Harbours Field, between the rivers Croco and Dane. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Northwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kinderton with Hulme from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Kinderton, with Hulme)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.