Hough (Wybunbury), Cheshire
Hough, a village and a township in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire, 4 miles E by S of Nantwich, and 3 SW of Crewe. Acreage, 987; population, 320. Hough Hall is the seat of the lord of the manor. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hough (Wybunbury) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.