Horton with Peele, Cheshire
Horton or Horton-with-Peele, a township in Ashton Hayes ecclesiastical parish and Tarvin civil parish, Cheshire, 1½ mile N of Tarvin. Acreage, 343; population,. 36. Peele Hall is now but a part of the original mansion, built in 1637, and is occupied as a farmhouse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Great Boughton|
|Registration district||Great Boughton||1837 - 1869|
|Registration district||Chester||1870 - 1937|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Horton with Peele from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Horton, with Peele)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.