Hatherton, a village and a township in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire, 3½ miles NE of Audlem and 4 SE of Nantwich. It has a post office under Nantwich; money order and telegraph office, Wybunbury. Acreage, 1666; population, 314. There is a Wesleyan Methodist Association chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hatherton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hatherton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hatherton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.