North Cave with Drewton, East Riding of Yorkshire
Cave, North, with Drewton, a village, a township, and a parish in the E.R. Yorkshire. The township lies 6 miles S by E of Market-Weighton, and has a station on the Hull and Barnsley railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Acreage, 5143; population of township, 1006; of ecclesiastical parish, 1311. The ecclesiastical parish contains also the townships of North and South Cliff, and Everthorpe. A corn market is held on Thursdays. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; value, £230 with residence. The church is good, and there are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, a Friends' meeting house, and charities yielding about £40 per annum. Hotham Hall, a fine mansion, is the seat of the lord of the manor. There is a chapel of ease at South Cliff.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: