Gee Cross, Cheshire
Gee Cross, a suburb of Hyde, within the municipal borough of and partly in the township of Hyde, and partly also in Werneth township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Stockport parish, Cheshire, 1½ mile SE of Hyde. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Hyde. The manufacture of felt hats is carried on. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1880. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chester; gross value, £200. Patron, the Vicar of Werneth. The church was erected in 1874. There is a handsome Unitarian chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.