Faddiley, a township in Acton parish, Cheshire, 3½ miles W of Acton, and 4½ WNW of Nantwich. Acreage, 1217; population, 217. Woodhey Chapel was built and endowed about 1700 by Lady Wilbraham. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chester; gross value, £20. Patron, Lord Tollemache.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Church of England
Woodhey chapel, built and endowed with £25 yearly by Lady Wilbraham about 1700, is a small edifice of brick with stone dressings. It was served by the rector of Baddiley.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Faddiley from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Faddiley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.