UK Genealogy Archives logo

Egerton, Cheshire

Historical Description

Egerton, a township in Malpas parish, Cheshire, 2 miles NE of Malpas station on the Chester and Whitchurch branch of the L. & N.W.R., and 7 S by W of Tarporley. Acreage, 929; population, 121. Egerton Hall was the seat of the Egerton family, but is now a farmhouse.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCheshire 
Civil parishMalpas 
HundredBroxton 
Poor Law unionNantwich 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Egerton from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.