UK Genealogy Archives logo

Duddon, Cheshire

Historical Description

Duddon, a township in Tarvin parish, Cheshire, 2 miles SE of Tarvin. Post town, Tarporley. Acreage, 662; population, 160. It has a chapel of ease, erected in 1835, and a Wcsleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCheshire 
Civil parishTarvin 
HundredEddisbury 
Poor Law unionGreat Boughton 
Registration districtGreat Boughton1837 - 1869
Registration districtChester1870 - 1937

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Duddon from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Duddon are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.

CountyCheshire West and Chester
RegionNorth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtCW6
Post TownTarporley