Farlington, North Riding of Yorkshire
Farlington, a village, a township, and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, 4½ miles NW by W of FIaxton railway station, and 5½ ESE of Easingwold. Post town and telegraph office, Easingwold; money order office, Stillington. Acreage, 1464; population, 176. The living is annexed to the chapelry of Marton in the Forest with Moxby, in the diocese of York; net value, o£94 and an old vicarage house, not now used as a residence by the vicars. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is a small ancient building in the Early English style, restored in 1887. There are a Wesleyan chapel and some small charities, administered under a recent scheme of the Charity Commissioners.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Sheriff Hutton|
|Poor Law union||Easingwould|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Farlington:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Farlington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Farlington)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Farlington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: