Falsgrave, North Riding of Yorkshire
Falsgrave, formerly a township, was incorporated with Scarborough in 1890, and is an ecclesiastical parish in N.R. Yorkshire, with a goods station on the N.E.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (T.S.O.) under Scarborough. The parish was constituted in 1874. Population, 10,914. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York; net value, £200, in the gift of trustees. The church, erected in 1868, is a brick building in the Early Decorated style. It has a fine organ which cost £2500. See SCARBOROUGH.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Scarborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for All Saints, Falsgrave:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Falsgrave from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Falsgrave)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Falsgrave are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: