Exelby, North Riding of Yorkshire
Exelby, Leeming, and Newton, a joint township and ecclesiastical parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles SW of Bedale. The township also comprises the village of Londonderry. The nearest railway station is Looming Lane. Po&t town, Bedale; money order and telegraph office, Leeming Bar. Acreage, 2439; population, 655. The ecclesiastical parish, under the name of Leeming, was constituted in 1880. The church is in the village of Leeming. There is a Wesleyan chapel in the village of Exelby.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Exelby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: