Ellerker, East Riding of Yorkshire
Ellerker, a village and a township-chapelry in Brantingham parish, in the E.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles S of South Cave station on the Hull and Barnsley railway. Post town, money order, and telegraph office, South Cave (R.S.O.) Acreage, 2106; population, 299. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Brantingham, in the diocese of York; joint gross value, £375 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church (St Anne's) was rebuilt in 1842. There is a Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Beverley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ellerker from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Ellerker)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ellerker are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: