Eastrington, East Riding of Yorkshire
Eastrington, a village, a township, and a parish in E.R. Yorkshire, with stations on the Hull and Barnsley and N.E.R., and a post office under Brough, with telegraph office at the railway station; money order office, Howden. Acreage, 2050; population, 436; of the ecclesiastical parish, 1677. The parish contains also the townships of Gilberdike, Bellasize, Portington and Cavil, Newport, Bishopsoil and Wallingfen; population, 1903. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £240 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient and contains some interesting monuments, and there are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels. There is a cemetery which was formed in 1875.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Eastrington St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Howden|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Eastrington:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eastrington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Eastrington (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the East Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Eastrington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following East Riding newspapers online: