Stanton St Gabriel

Select map to view larger area
STANTON-ST. GABRIEL, a parish in Bridport district, Dorset; on the coast, 4 miles W by S of Bridport r. station. Post town, Bridport. Acres, 1,242; of which 190 are water. Rated property, £855. Pop., 75. Houses, 15. The living is a p. curacy annexed to Whitchurch-Canonicorum. The church was built in 1841.

Source: Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72), John Marius Wilson.

Description and Travel