PAMPHILL, a tything in Wimborne-Minster parish, Dorset; 2 miles N W of Wimborne. Fairs are held on 7 July, 29 Aug., and 29 Oct. Roman coins were found in 1736.
Source: Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72), John Marius Wilson.
- Pamphill was constituted a separate civil parish out of Wimborne by an order of the Dorset County Council, 23 June 1894, and confirmed by the Local Government Board, Sept 18 1894, in accordance with the "Local Government Act 1894".
- Description and photographs of Kingston Lacy manor are available on the UK Genealogy Archives site.