Nether Compton

Select map to view larger area
COMPTON, NETHER (ST. NICHOLAS), a parish, in the union and hundred of SHERBORNE, Sherborne division of DORSET, 2¾ miles (W. N. W.) from Sherborne; containing 456 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Over Compton annexed, valued in the king's books at £7. 18., and in the gift of John Goodden, Esq.: the tithes of the parish produce £243. 16. 3., and the glebe comprises 22 acres.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014

Church History

Description and Travel

Genealogy