Dewlish

Select map to view larger area
DEWLISH (ALL SAINTS), a parish, in the union of DORCHESTER, liberty of DEWLISH, Dorchester division of DORSET, 7 miles (N. E.) from Dorchester; containing 389 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Milbourne St. Andrew: the vicarial tithes of Dewlish have been commuted for £100. The church is an ancient structure.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014

Church History

Description and Travel

Genealogy