Chideock

Select map to view larger area
CHIDEOCK (ST. GILES), a parish, in the union of BRIDPORT, hundred of WHITCHURCH-CANONICORUM, Bridport division of DORSET, 2¾ miles (W.) from Bridport; containing 826 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by the English Channel. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed, with the livings of Marshwood and Stanton St. Gabriel, to the vicarage of Whitchurch-Canonicorum. There is a place of worship for Roman Catholics.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Genealogy