Cann

Select map to view larger area
CANN (ST. RUMBOLD), a parish, in the union of SHAFTESBURY, hundred of SIXPENNY-HANDLEY, Shaston division of DORSET, 1½ mile (S. E.) from Shaftesbury; containing 524 inhahitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 2. 1., and in the gift of the Earl of Shaftesbury: the tithes have been commuted for £250, and there is about an acre of glebe.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Genealogy