BURLESTON, a parish, in the union of DORCHESTER, hundred of PIDDLETOWN, Dorchester division of DORSET, 6 miles (E. N. E.) from Dorchester; containing 65 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 364 acres, and is situated on the river Piddle, which skirts the southern side of the village. The living is a rectory, united to that of Admiston, and valued in the king's books at £3. 17. 1.: the tithes of Burleston have been commuted for £115.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014
- The Dorset History Centre hold the Parish Registers for Athelhampton with Burleston:
Baptisms: 1692/3 - 1973 Marriages: 1694 - 1966 Burials: 1692/3 - 1976 Banns: 1867 - 1966
also Burleston Marriages: 1839 - 1856