Bourton

Select map to view larger area
BOURTON, a chapelry, in the parish and liberty of GILLINGHAM, union of MERE, Shaston division of DORSET, 2½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Mere; containing 901 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar and Inhabitants; net income, £50. The chapel has been enlarged within the last few years. There is a place of workship for Wesleyans.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Genealogy