ALDERHOLT, a tything, in the parish and hundred of CRANBORNE, union of WIMBORNE and CRANBORNE, Wimborne division of DORSET; containing 404 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014
- Michael Day provides photographs and bibliography for Alderholt (St. James) on his Dorset Churches website
- You can search for churches in the local area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database.
- The Dorset History Centre hold the Parish Registers for Alderholt (formerly part of Cranborne):
Baptisms: 1849 - 1960 Marriages: 1849 - 1983 Burials: 1849 - 1964 Banns: 1849 - 1958
- A description of Alderholt from "The Dorset Page"
- A description of Alderholt from the Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5 is available on the UK Genealogy Archives site