Sapey, Lower, or Sapey Pilchard, Worcestershire
Sapey, Lower, or Sapey Pilchard, a parish in Worcestershire, on the river Frome, 5 miles NE by N of the Worcester and Bromyard branch of the G.W.R. Post town, Worcester; money order office, Clifton-on-Teme; telegraph office, Stamford Bridge. Acreage, 1696; population, 201. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £161 with residence. The old church is now disused, and a new church was erected in 1877 in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Sapey-Pritchard St. Bartholomew|
|Poor Law union||Bromyard|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sapey, Lower, or Sapey Pilchard from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Sapey-Pritchard (St. Bartholomew))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.