Knightwick, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, on the river Teme, at the boundary with Herefordshire, 5 miles E of Bromyard, and 4 SW by W of Martley, with a station on the Worcester and Bromyard branch of the G.W.R. Post town, Knightsford Bridge, under Worcester; telegraph office, Knightwick railway station. Acreage, 857; population of the civil parish, 143; of the ecclesiastical, with Doddenham, 366. The scenery is beautiful. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Doddenham, in the diocese of Worcester; net value,, £200 with residence. Patron, the-Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church stands at Knightsford Bridge, and was built in 1856.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Knightwick St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Knightwick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Knightwick (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Knightwick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.