Cutsdean, Worcestershire

Historical Description

Cutsdean, a township and a chapelry in Worcestershire, among the Cotswolds, in a detached portion of the county surrounded by Gloucestershire, 5½ miles ENE of Winchcomb. Post town, Broadway. Acreage, 1560; population, 126. The living is a chapelry, annexed to the rectory of Bredon, 12 miles distant, in the diocese of Worcester. The church was rebuilt in 1863. There is a Baptist chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Worcestershire
Civil parish Bredon
Hundred Oswaldslow
Poor Law union Winchcomb

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Cutsdean from the following:


Land and Property

The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.