Churchill in Halfshire, Worcestershire
Churchill-in-Halfshire, a parish in Worcestershire, 5 miles NW of Pershore, and 5 ESE of Worcester, which is the post town. Acreage, 670; population, 54. There is a mineral spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Churchill St. James|
|Poor Law union||Kidderminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Churchill in Halfshire from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Churchill (St. James))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.