Charlton, an ecclesiastical parish in Cropthorne civil parish, Worcestershire, near the river Avon, 1½ mile SE of Fladbury station on the G.W.R., and 3 miles NW of Eves-ham. Post town, Pershore. Population, 315. It was constituted in 1882. The church was erected in 1872. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £200 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. Charlton Manor House was the ancient seat of the Dunley family, into whose possession the estate came by marriage about 1350.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Charlton from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.