Astwood Bank, Worcestershire
Astwood-Bank, a village in Feckenham parish, Worcestershire, 3 miles S of Redditch, and 1 mile W of Studley and Astwood-Bank station on the M.R. It has a post-office and needle factories. The church, erected in 1884 as a chapel of ease to Feckenham, is a fine edifice in the Early English style. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels;
The register of Feckenham dates from the year 1538.
Church of England
SS. Matthias and George
The church of SS. Matthias and George, erected in 1884, at a cost of £1,700, as a chapel of ease to Feckenham, is an edifice in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave and north transept.
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Astwood Bank are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.