Upton Scudamore, Wiltshire
Upton Scudamore, a parish in Wiltshire, 1 ½ mile NNW of Warminster station on the G.W.R. Post town, Warminster. Acreage, 2538; population of the civil parish, 256; of the ecclesiastical, 265. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £290 with residence. Patron, Queen's College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1859, and is an edifice in the Early English style, with an embattled western tower. There is a small Baptist chapel. Owen, the author of " Geoponica," was rector.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Upton-Scudamore St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Warminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Wiltshire Record Office, have the following parish records online for Upton Scudamore:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Upton Scudamore from the following:
Online maps of Upton Scudamore are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: