Sedgehill, a parish in Wiltshire, 1 ½ mile NNW of Semley station on the L. & S.W.R., and 4 ½ miles SW of Hindon. It has a post office under Shaftesbury; money order and telegraph office, Semley. Acreage, 1185; population of the civil parish, 176; of the ecclesiastical, 237. The living is a chapelry attached to Berwick St Leonard, in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £225. The church is a stone building in the Gothic style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Sedghill St. Catherine|
|Poor Law union||Mere|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sedghill from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: