Wolfhampcote, a parish in Warwickshire, 3 ½ miles NW of Daventry station on the L. & N.W.R., and 8 NE of Southam. There is also a station at Flecknoe on the Daventry and Leamington branch of the L. & N.W.R., opened in 1895. The parish includes the hamlets of Flecknoe, Nethercote, and Sawbridge. There is a post and money order office at Flecknoe, under Rugby; telegraph office, Braunston. Acreage, 3855; population, 304. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £96 with residence. Patron, Lady Hood. The church of St Peter is ancient, and the chancel was restored about 1848. There is a chapel of ease (St Mark) at Flecknoe, and a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wolfhamcote St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Rugby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Wolfhampcote:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wolfhampcote from the following:
Online maps of Wolfhampcote are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.