Woodside, Surrey

Historical Description

Woodside, an ecclesiastical parish in Croydon civil parish, Surrey, with a station on the S.E.R., 12 miles from London. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under London, S.E. Population, 3010. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury; net value, £365 with residence. The church of St Luke, a structure of brick, originally erected in 1872, was replaced by a substantial building in 1895-96, the chancel and transepts of which were consecrated in 1888.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Woodside are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictCroydon
CountyGreater London
RegionLondon
CountryEngland
Postal districtSE25
Post TownLondon