Wanborough, a parish in Surrey, under Hogsback Hill, with stations on the L. & S.W.R. and S.E.R. It has a post and telegraph office under Guildford; money order office,Normandy. Acreage, 1879; population, 274. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £105. The church is a small building in the Early English style, with an ancient and very interesting screen of cedar wood, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Guildford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Parish Register Book of Wanborough, Co. Surrey is available to purchase on CD-ROM from the shop.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wanborough from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Wanborough are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.