Thornton Heath, Surrey
Thornton Heath, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in the NE of Surrey, with a station on the L.B. & S.C.R., 9 miles from London, and 1½ mile N of Croydon. The village is included in the borough of Croydon, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office. Population of the ecclesiastical parish, 8244.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Thornton Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.