Sutton (Woking), Surrey
Sutton, a tithing in Woking parish, Surrey, on the river Wey, 4½ miles NNE of Guildford, and 3 miles from Woking station on the L. & S.W.R. It has a post office under Gnildford. Sntton Place was a quadrangular mansion built in the time of Henry VIII. by Sir R. Weston; was visited by Queen Elizabeth; suffered from fire immediately after her visit; underwent removal of ite entrance-gateway side towards the end of the 18th century; includes an ancient Roman Catholic chapel, and belongs now to the Salvins.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.