St Catherine, Surrey

Historical Description

Catherine, St, a western suburb of Guildford, in Surrey. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Guild-ford. A small hill at it is surmounted by a ruined chapel of the time of Edward II., commanding a fine view.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.