South Nutfield, Surrey
Nutfield, South, an ecclesiastical parish in Surrey, formed in 1888, 2 miles from Redhill, with a station on the S.E.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Redhill. Population, 645. Christ Church was erected in 1888, and is a red brick building in the Early English style. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester; net value, £150 with residence. A church school and mission-room was erected in the village in 1890.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of South Nutfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.