Shotter Mill, Surrey

Historical Description

Shotter Mill, a chapelry in Frensham parish, Surrey, 1 mile W of Haslemere station on the L. & S. W. R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office. Population of the iccclesiastical district, 947. It was constituted in 1844. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £250 with residence. Patron, the Archdeacon of Surrey. The church is good, and was enlarged in 1876.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.