Selhurst, a district parish forming part of the municipal and parliamentary borough of Croydon, Surrey, with a station on the L.B. & S.C.R., 10 miles from London, and 1½ mile NNE of Croydon. Population, 5204. A portion of the district is in the postal union of South Norwood, the rest in Croydon. The church was erected in 1867, and is in the Early English style. The living is a vicarage; net value, £250, in the gift of the Vicar of St James's, Croydon.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Selhurst are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.