Seale, a village and a parish in Surrey. The village stands under a long chalk ridge, 1½ mile SSE of Tongham station on the L. & S.W.R., and 4 miles E by N of Farnham, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Farnham. The parish contains also the hamlet of Tongham, and comprises 2994 acres; population of the civil parish, 1029; of the ecclesiastical, 533. There is a parish council consisting of nine members. Hampton Lodge, Seale Lodge, and Broad Oak are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £280 with residence. Patron, the Archdeacon of Surrey. The church was mostly rebuilt in 1861 and restored in 1873.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Seale from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.