Ranmer or Ranmore, Surrey
Ranmer or Ranmore, an ecclesiastical parish in Great Bookham, Little Bookham, Dorking, Mickleham, and Effingham parishes, Surrey, 2 miles NW of Dorking station on the L.B. & S.C.R. It was constituted in 1860, and has a post office under Dorking; money order and telegraph office, Dorking. Population, 307. Denbies is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £200. Patron, Lord Ashcombe. The church was built in 1860, is cruciform and handsome, has a tower with lofty spire, and forms a conspicuous object for many miles around.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.