Oxshot, Ockshot or Oakshade, Surrey
Oxshot, Ockshot or Oakshade, a hamlet in Stoke D'Abernon parish, Surrey, with a station on the L. & S.W.R., 17 miles from London, and 3 NNW of Leatherhead. It has a post office, of the name of Oxshot, under Leatherhead; money order and telegraph office, Leatherhead. There is a school-room licensed for public worship.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Stoke D'Abernon|
|Poor Law union||Epsom|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Oxshot, Ockshot or Oakshade from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.