Outwood, an ecclesiastical parish in Surrey, 2½ miles. from Nutfield station on the S.E.R,, and 4½ from Holley. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Redhill. Population, 571. For parish council purposes it is joined to the civil parish of Bastow. The church is a stone edifice in the Early English style, erected in 1869, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch, and western tower. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester; gross value, £220 with residence. There is a Baptist chapel.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Outwood are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.