Mount Grace, Surrey
Mount Grace (anciently called Bordelby), a place in East Harlsey parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 7½ miles NNE of Northallerton. A Carthusian priory was founded here in 1396 by the Duke of Surrey, and has left considerable remains. The site is romantic and gloomily secluded, and is overhung on the SE by a lofty wooded hill. The church was cruciform, and considerable portions of it, with remains of a central square tower situated over the W end of the chancel, still exist. A portion of the domestic buildings also, but of Tudor date, still remains. A house was built by Thomas Lascells in 1654 which evidently included part of the domestic buildings. Ruins of a chapel founded in 1515 are on a wooded height to the E, where the burial-place of the priory was.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.